September 18, 2014
Welcome to Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) – the world’s most comprehensive visual effects plug-in collection. BCC contains over two hundred effects spanning 17 effects categories including plug-ins for 3D text, chroma keying, image restoration, glows, lens flares, volumetric lighting, transitions, and much more. For a full introduction to BCC for Final Cut Pro and Motion including video highlights, filter galleries, and a wealth of online tutorials please visit http://www.borisfx.com/Apple/bccfxplug/.
Boris Continuum Complete FxPlug 9.0.2 for Apple’s Final Cut Pro X and Motion was released on 9/15/2014.
BCC 9 FxPlug for FCP X and Motion – Supported Host Environments:
Mac OSX 10.9:
- Final Cut Pro X 10.1
- Motion 5.1
Note that BCC9 requires Final Cut Pro 10.1 and Motion 5.1 (or higher) which in turn require Mac OS 10.9 (or higher). If you need BCC for older versions of Final Cut Pro or Motion please consult the BorisFX website or contact BorisFX sales.
What’s New in BCC 9 for FCP + Motion (Recap of major changes since BCC 8):
- 9 new effects and 24 new/redesigned transitions:
|2-Strip Color||Laser Beam||Pan & Zoom – now 3D|
|Chroma Key Studio 2||Lens Correction||Uprez|
|Edge Grunge||Magic Sharp||Vignette|
|Blobs Wipe||Lens Distortion Wipe||Rings Wipe|
|Blur Dissolve||Lens Flare Dissolve||Ripple Dissolve|
|Checker Wipe||Lens Flare Round||Tile Wipe|
|Composite Dissolve||Lens Flare Spiked||Tritone Dissolve|
|Damaged TV Dissolve||Lens Flash||Twister|
|Film Glow Dissolve||Light Wipe||Vector Blur Dissolve|
|Flutter Cut||Rays Dissolve||Vignette Wipe|
|Grid Wipe||Ribbon Wipe||Water Waves Dissolve|
- Pan and Zoom enhancements:
- 3D moves
- Improved action/title safe guides
- New HTML-based help system offering richer and more dynamic learning guides.
- Improved 4K rendering support in OpenGL accelerated filters.
- Native float rendering support for effects in the 3D Objects category.
- Hardware antialiasing for enhanced edge quality in the 3D Objects category.
- Major performance improvements in some OpenGL filters such as Damanged TV, Scanlines, and Glint.
- New Gradient feature in many BCC Wipe transitions.
- Integrated Beat Reactor added to Stage Light.
- Composite On Source and Gamma Adjustment added to Stage Light.
- Built in Motion Blur added to Corner Pin.
- Tracker Time Offset added to Corner Pin.
- Colored Background option added to Swish Pan.
- Brightness Peak and Control Peak added to Lens Transition.
- New presets added across a wide range of effects.
- Numerous bug fixes.
If you are new to working with BCC in FCP X or Motion 5 (and even if you are not) we recommend you review our Working in Final Cut Pro and Motion page for important tips on gettings started with BCC in these hosts.
Help / Training / Support:
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Complete documentation for BCC9 is available online at http://www.borisfx.com/helpdocs
- For More on What’s New – Read the full release notes
- Take BCC 9 FxPlug for a spin today. Download a free demo.