Did you know that more than 180,000 of the items in our Digital Collections are in the public domain?
That means everyone has the freedom to enjoy and reuse these materials in almost limitless ways. The Library now makes it possible to download such items in the highest resolution available directly from the Digital Collections website.
- Images can be used by everyone and for any project.
- To find out what the public domain release means, follow their blog.
- NYPL Labs is also making available to users sample projects to show what can be done with their images.
- No permission required. No restrictions on use.
- Learn More: The New York Public Library
- Public Domain Picks: See More
- Maps & Atlases See More
- Book Art and Illustrations See More
- Poster Collections See More
- Acclaimed Theatrical Photographers See More
- Nature Collections See More
- Collections for Designers See More
- Fashion Collections See More
- Collections About New York City See More