by RONDA SUDER
You’ve got questions, your interviewer has answers. Take advantage!
You’re on your way to landing your next job, or your first job, and everything’s going well. After carefully applying to numerous positions, you’ve been contacted to schedule an interview. Woo-hoo! You begin to break into your happy dance.
That is, until you realize you’re only part-way down the path to landing your dream job. Now you have to knock the hiring manager’s socks off to stand out amongst the other job candidates during your interview.
Below are some questions to ask your interviewers that are sure to make them smile.
Many job applicants don’t ask questions that require some thought and show sincere curiosity and care. By asking the right questions during your job interview, you’ll stand apart from the competition. It can be difficult to know what will work and what won’t, so here’s a complete list of the best questions to ask an interviewer…
Interview questions about your future manager or colleague:
- What’s your favorite part about working here?
- Why did you choose this career and industry?
Interview questions about the job position:
- What prompted you to hire for this job role?
- How long has the position been open? (If applicable: Why has the position been open for so long?)
Interview questions about the team:
- Can you tell me a bit about the team I would be working with?
- What are the key positions and groups that I would be working with? What are the leadership or personality types of those people and groups?
Interview questions about the organization:
- What types of individuals are successful here?
- What’s your company culture like?
And even more…