Run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to resolve some Creative Cloud or Creative Suite installation issues.
The Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool allows you to more precisely remove installation records for Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications that may have become corrupted or may be causing problems with a new installation. It can be particularly helpful if you have installed prerelease software on your system, and now want to remove it.
If you’re having trouble installing Creative Cloud apps, Creative Suite (CS3–CS6) apps, Photoshop Elements, or Adobe Premiere Elements, the Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) Cleaner Tool can help. Likewise, if you’re unable to connect to Adobe servers, the Cleaner Tool can help by removing entries in your computer’s host files that are blocking access to Adobe software and servers.
- Download the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool for Mac: click the link to download the file – AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg.
- Select your language from the menu in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Review the Adobe End-User License Agreement: ClickAcceptto accept or Quitto decline (if you decline, the script stops).
- Select an option from the menu in the upper-right corner of the window. For example, select CC Appsif you want to uninstall a Creative Cloud app.
- From the table, select the app you want to clean up, and then click CleanupSelected. (Click Clean Allto clean up all installer-related files for the option you chose in step c.)
- (Optional) If you’re unable to connect to Adobe’s servers, select Fix Host Filefrom the table to repair your host files, and then click Cleanup Selected. The Cleaner Tool creates a backup of the hosts files (named hosts_bkup) in the same directory, which you can revert to if a problem occurs.
The End-User License Agreement is displayed in English or Japanese, depending on the language setting of the Root user account.
- Once you have successfully run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, install your Creative Cloud or Creative Suite application. For instructions, see one of the following documents: